If you are wondering if tarts are easy to make, I’m here to tell you they are! These Pasty Puff Sweet Tarts were so easy that I will be adding them in my rotation of desserts. The best part about this recipe is that the base is perfect for most toppings and is ready in minutes. For my first time I decided to try a few different toppings and let me tell you that not a single one disappointed.
Premade vs Homemade Pastry Puff Dough
Do you ever want to make something and you have an idea of what you want but you want it to make it of your own? That’s how I start with a lot of my recipes. I always know what I want but it takes either a few trail and errors or reading a few blogs to see what I like from each and putting it together to make what I think is perfect.
Well, when it came to the dough this was one of the things I was torn about. To be honest the dough didn’t see that hard to make, however I was trying to make something that was quick, easy and delicious. Thats why I ultimately decided to go with the premade pastry puff dough. I found the Publix store brand in my local dessert freezer section and the hardest part about it was that it needed to defrost before using. You have the option to defrost on the counter top for 1 hour or 2 hours in the fridge. I went with the fridge as I ran errors in between. I left it in there for about 4 hours and it turned out perfect and ready to use.
Soften your cream cheese and butter!
When I started my quest to find the tart I wanted to make I noticed that a lot of the time it didn’t mention you had to allow the cream cheese and butter to be softened other then in the ingredients itself. I don’t know about you but when I am ready to make something I am looking to make it at that moment, not a few hours later. So, when I was ready to placed the two on the counter to be ready when I was ready to start. Hopefully this helps someone else out, I know the frustration of having to hold off to due to waiting.
Let’s Bake Our Pastry Puff Sweet Tart
Pastry Puff Sweet TartsCourse: DessertCuisine: Pasty Puff Sweet TartDifficulty: Easy
These easy to make Pastry Puff Sweet Tarts are a crowd pleaser and are ready in under 30 minutes!
1 Box of premade pastry puff sheets
1 box of cream cheese soften
2 tablespoons of butter soften
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
3 teaspoons of clear vanilla
3 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
Powder sugar for garnish
- Fruit Filling Mix
1/4 cup berry of choice. I highly blueberries and raspberries!
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of water
3 teaspoons of powdered sugar
- Nutella Filling
3 tablespoons of Nutella
- Egg wash
1 beaten egg
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Beat your cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest and egg until smooth and set to the side.
- Mix your berries, water, lemon juice, and powdered sugar and set aside
- Roll out your pasty puff dough sheets and cut into 6 rectangles per sheet.
- Press dough into a cupcake pan
- Add filling and top with fruit filling
- If adding Nutella swirl and mix either before or during cook time. I simple mixed it around 8 minutes in.
- Brush the remaining showing dough with the beaten egg
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Time may vary depending on your oven. Be sure to check frequently after 12 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and allow to cool.
- Remember to soften your butter and cream cheese!
- Check your pastry dough box for directions on defrosting
- you can use regular vanilla but it may change the color of your filling