When I think about summer and things I loved to do growing up I always remember camp fires with the classic s’mores. Well, we recently put in our pool and just haven’t gotten around to re-building our fire pit but I wanted the kids to have the same delicious snack. That’s when I remembered that old school science project – I know you know what I’m talking about, tinfoil baked hotdogs. I swear it took hours to finally get to eat them lol. But for me it’s something I’ve never forgotten and I wanted to share that with my kids.
Here’s what you need:
- Small pizza box
- Tin foil
- Plastic wrap
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- Kraft Marshmallows
Here’s what you do:
- Cover your small box with tinfoil
- Layer your item as as if you were making your s’more- we did both chocolate on the bottom and the top. I prefer the chocolate on top!
- Cover your box on the bottom with plastic wrap. You do this for 2 reasons, keep things out and keep things still. If you live where you can get a gust of wind it will most definitely move things around.
- Set it in the sun! Angle it to where the sun reflects from the bottom and top to get an over all coverage.
- Depending on how you like your marshmallow you’ll want to bake for 15-25 minutes. We did 25 minutes the second time and the marshmallow’s were gooey just like a campfire!
- That’s it, enjoy!